Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Parkin' it in London

Just to fill you all in, I did go to the National Portrait Gallery, which was AMAZING, but I couldn't take any photos in there. Sorry. But I highly recommend it. I also peeked into St. Martin's in the Field, which is a church that is gorgeous. I guess it was built so that casualties of the plague could be taken there instead of having to be taken past Buckingham Palace. (The only reason I know this is because we heard a tour guide explaining it to a group of young, adorable British school children - all in uniforms of course.) But I was definitely glad we stepped in, and FYI, there is a cafe in the crypt. Crazy. Later, we went to St. Paul's Cathedral. (Yet again, it was another place in which you could not take pictures, so I can't show you any pictures.) BUT, the tour guides allowed us to take a pictures at the bottom of one of the bell towers - which have also been in many films, including Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban! Please see below.

Part of HP was filmed in this tower!

One of the greatest things about London, I think, is their use of parks. They have squares of green space throughout the city. And they really make the most of it. People of all ages just get out there and sit and talk, and children play, and friends gather and have glasses of wine, and they just appreciate life. People will come out there in their business suits and just lie down in the grass to relax. It's beautiful and simple, and I LOVE it. So here are some of the pictures I've taken in my experiences in some of London's parks. Talk to you all later!


Cute kids in Russell Square playing in the fountain tonight.

Just a wide shot of people hanging out in Russell Square.

Folks sitting on the benches outlining the perimeter of Salisbury Cathedral.

Megan getting a free hug at speakers' corner at Hyde Park on Sunday, the night of the Springsteen concert. (And yup, I got a free hug, too. They were totally free!)


Friday night outside of the Killers concert in Hyde Park.


A more trippy, festival-looking photo outside of the Killers concert in Hyde Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment