Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Royalty, magic, and peanut butter gone wrong

I would have to say that I saw some pretty amazing things today. We started out by going over to Hampton Court, one of Henry VIII's palaces. We were given headsets, and we could pretty much pick whichever audio tours we wanted. Autonomy at Hampton Court? Who knew? It was beautiful (duh), and it also reminded me just how crazy relationships could be in the royal family.

Hampton Court.

These peeps had some seriously nice views.

Don't be fooled. The real Henry VIII died ages ago.

My favorite flower shot from the garden at Hampton Court, one of the few moments it was not raining.

After we came back, my friend Megan and I decided to see if the Harry Potter premiere was going on in Leicester Square. We were pretty tired and doubtful that we would be able to see anything, but we totally stumbled right outside of it at the right time and were able to see most of the stars of the movie, including the actors and actresses portraying Harry, Ron, Hermione, the Weasley twins, Snape, Draco, McGonagall, and we even got to see J.K. Rowling herself!!! (I know my fellow Gryffindorks will stand behind my enthusiasm!) In the process we got rained on and hailed on, but that also helped us creep closer to the front. Unfortunately, thanks to some rain on my camera lens, a lot of my pictures didn't turn out. But here are some if you are interested.

Fans gearing up to see the stars.

This kid was adorable -- HP glasses, robe, and wand in tow.

Megan and I laughing at how ridiculously hard the rain was.

Emma Watson signs a few autographs.

Fred or George? You tell me. But this was by far my best shot from the event.

It's her back, but I'll take it. THE J.K. Rowling!

Lastly, for class we had to do a photo story, so this is mine about my roommate being unlucky in the kitchen. Better luck next time, Alexis.


Yeah, that's a bummer.

Hope everyone is doing well, and I'll talk to you all later.

1 comment:

  1. hah! almost totally forgot about this. Just reading your blog and weeping softly to myself. miss you merle!

    lex

    ReplyDelete