Monday, July 6, 2009

So much to say, so little time

Germany was seriously awesome. Seriously. I had such a great time with Sara and the entire Engelmann family, and Julie took me on the most extensive tour of Berlin that one can do in two hours. (And she tried to get me drunk, I swear!) At least I was very calm at the airport. :) I have so much to say about that trip, but I will have to write more later. And I promise to write more on that later.

One of the coolest families EVER: The Engelmann's. This picture was taken in Chemnitz, Germany. I don't think they all have that last name, but everyone should have a chance to meet people this awesome. They were so much fun!

Sara and her mom dropped me off at the train station in Chemnitz. I was so sad to leave. :(


Julie lifted my spirits by taking me all over Berlin. Here we are at a portion of the Berlin wall. Thanks for the tour, Jules!

Today, however, we headed on over to Regents Park (where I alternated between wearing sunglasses and donning my rain jacket at about 5- to 10-minute intervals), and then we flew kites on Primrose Hill, which had a fantastic view of London. Michele's Tinkerbell kite flew so well, that a few of us took turns just keeping the reel in their back pockets. I had it when a particularly strong gust of wind sent it flying out of my pocket, but I managed to rescue it after it got tangled in a tree. (Enter hero music here. Wish I had a video of me tugging on the string when it was in the tree.)

A bunch of views from Regent's Park:


Primrose Hill shots:

Me and my junk with a view of London.


Megan winding the string on her kite. So pretty.

We later walked by St. John's Wood and over by Abbey Road, where we all tried to re-enact the Beatles' album cover. I think some of my roommates have better shots. Original? Definitely not, but a must-do nonetheless.


If I would have just slowed down just a bit, it would have looked a lot better - even though none of us are in step or anything. But there's so much pressure because drivers hate it when people do this.

Tonight, we're off to see Billy Elliott, which I hear is fantastic. Guess I'll just have to wait and see! Auf wiedersehen!

No comments:

Post a Comment