Sunday, July 12, 2009

Fatigue, Food, and Fun in France

On fatigue: Since I've been in France, I've taken a nap daily, and I haven't felt awake. (Quit being a baby, right? I'm in France. Should I just drink more coffee and get over it? Probably.) After waiting in the long lines and walking around Versailles, the train ride home can put you to sleep. Megan and I got back and just crashed. No guilt, though. It was much needed.

On food: Continental breakfast was awesome. Nothing new there. For lunch Megan and I hit up McDonald's near Versailles, not because we were craving it, but because we didn't see anything else nearby that was open. (We later learned there was a tex-mex place right next door. Whoops. ANYWAY, the lines were atrocious, and Megan had to pay in exact change. Not a huge deal, but strangely offputting.) I ordered a Royal with bacon. The U.S. still has the best burgers if you ask me.

Tonight, Megan, Heather, Jen, and I went off to wander around our neighborhood. (We're just a couple of blocks from the Bastille, and Bastille Day is just around the corner! Loco!) We ended up stopping at a pizza place, and I confirmed that no, I do not like goat cheese. And I had my first piece of pizza that had egg on it. Interesting. Not revolting, but not quite necessary either. Once again, I got a beer because it was cheaper than soda. I swear, I would never drink pop around here because it's just crazy expensive.
On fun: Dinner and walking around was fun. Sleeping was also really neat. And tomorrow we're off to the winery. That should be very fun. (Oh, and I also caught MI-5 on TV in French. For those of you who don't know, it is pretty the British version of 24. Was very excited. Harry and the team were speaking in French!) Au revoir!
Heather and Jen hanging out. This was probably one of the many times I was borrowing Jen's computer in Paris. Thanks, Jen!
Megan hanging out in the hall of mirrors at Versailles. I'm pretty sure this is where the Treaty of Versailles was signed.

Check out those fun lines to get into the palace. The place was definitely over-the-top, though.

2 comments: