Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Hyde Park - The Playground of My Dreams

The first day I was in London, I heard the Killers play here. A couple of days later, I heard Bruce Springsteen. I even had the opportunity to hear Blur play here, but I didn't find out until the next day. This morning, I got to play in the Princess Diana Memorial Playground, catch a glimpse of Kensington Palace, have a cup of tea, and enjoy the beautiful views offered along the various paths. People of all types come out of the woodwork to go for a walk or look at the lake. What can I say, it makes me happy.

Later, some of us went to the Hard Rock Cafe, which was OK. I will say that I prefer American hamburgers because I think the British put bread in them. If that's going to be the case, I believe they should be labeled meatloaf sandwiches. Just give me the beef! But it was a tasty burger - expensive, but tasty. We all headed off to Harrod's next, but Megan and I didn't really feel like shopping, so our tour of the place only lasted about 10 minutes. Maybe if I had a ton of money I'd be all about it, but I was tired, and it's my last night in London. I'm going to make the most of it. I'm going to miss this town a TON, and I'm going to try not to bawl tomorrow. I want to live here.

I'll tell you more when I'm in Paris!


These things bounced, so I totally had a blast on them. Megan couldn't believe my good mood this morning. That never happens!


Waking up after a rough night on the make-believe prairie in Princess Diana's Memorial Playground.


These were just two of a ton of addorable kids wearing the same outfits. Precious!


Fountains at Hyde Park.


Bridge at Hyde Park.


Heather enjoying a scone with clotted cream and jelly at one of the eateries in Hyde Park. I had the tea, and I highly recommend it.


The same venue had the (obviously British version) Harry Potter series and Scrabble for those down-and-out days.


Harrod's is the brown building.


One of the dining rooms at Harrod's. Too pricey for me, but I'm sure it's lovely.

Me taking the Tube back to the study centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment