Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Everything's living up to expectations

This morning we all loaded on a bus and headed for Stonehenge, which is about a 2-hour drive from our flat. I was excited to see the landscape of the countryside, but not excited enough to stay awake on the drive. Stonehenge is one of those landmarks that I know is significant, yet I don't really know what to do besides look at it. It was cool and all. It's Stonehenge! But I think I was more excited about the cute sheep we saw in the field across the street. Aren't they cute? I was really glad I got to see Stonehenge, though.




Salisbury is the closest town to Stonehenge, so I was able to stay awake for that short trip. The landscape is hilly, and it was overcast today, so the greens and yellows were vibrant. If I'm pointing out colors, I think that means I'm in love. Also, Salisbury is such a beautiful town. It has a lot of little shops, and people of all ages are wandering through the streets. Once again, I love how the British take advantage of their parks. All types of people get out and enjoy them.

We also went to Salisbury Cathedral, which had some amazing views. (I hope everyone likes church photos.)

On my cultural experience: I feel like today is one of the first days I've really noticed annoyance with my being an American - not because I'm an American, but because I don't know how things run here. Even though we're technically speaking the same language, it often takes me a little bit of time to process what people are saying. And when it came to ordering lunch today, I didn't really understand how it was supposed to work. At least the food was great. Talk to you all later!

2 comments:

  1. So jealous. Looks like you are having a great time out there! I can't wait to hear about more of it when you come back. Drink some delicious tea and yummy biscuits for me!

    ReplyDelete