Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Making lists and checking them, oh, a LOT

The nights before I travel are always filled with hope, excitement for the unknown, frustration, and paranoia. The first two are pretty self-explanatory. The frustration comes from the numerous trips to Walmart, Target, and Walgreens for the various things I've forgotten. (OK, I swear I'm not going to any more stores before I go.) And the paranoia is directly related to just reaching my destination. What if the bus gets a flat tire? Am I going to make it to the airport on time? Is my luggage the right size and weight? My list of worries is actually much longer than that, but I just wanted to give you an idea of what goes through my head.
As for the actual packing? I'm getting close to being done. It's crazy how much stuff you think you can't live without, but I know I won't use everything that's crammed into my suitcases right now. So I'm just going to go through it one more time so I can (hopefully) weed out some unnecessary items. So, that's where I'm at. It's hot, and I'm tired, but I know sleep won't come easy. There's too much to be excited about to sleep. By this time tomorrow, I will be on a plane en route to Dublin, Ireland. And just a couple of hours later I will be arriving in London. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment