Monday, June 22, 2009

London's calling...


But I'm taking my time getting ready. Both suitcases are still empty, but I'm dedicating my entire Tuesday to packing for this trip. After months of anticipation, I can't believe I'm hopping on a plane in a couple of days! In just three short weeks I will have touched down in Ireland, and visited the U.K., Germany, and France. I will be spending the majority of the time in London and Paris, and at this point I'm still overly optimistic that I will get to know each of these cities like the back of my hand. (Yeah, right.) I'm looking forward to meeting the people in my group, catching up with some old friends, and making new friends along the way. And though I doubt I'll ever be mistaken for a local, I'm hoping Rick Steves will help prevent me from looking completely ridiculous.

4 comments:

  1. Hey look, I'm your first stalker :-) And I like that you used the word "meandering." It's a good word. I'm so jealous! I really hope you have an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to have you! Thank you, and feel free to make recommendations for me while abroad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. merle, you're finally going to london!!!! ahhh, i'm so jealous/want to come with you. marry one of the gallagher brothers while you're there, k?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Consider it done. I think I'll see what Noel's up to. He seemed to be a little less dramatic. I think my 7th-grade self would be appalled by this response.

    ReplyDelete